Hi Phil,

You can add a 'contextmenu' listener to your LayerTree and use that to display
a regular ExtJS menu e.g.

    layerContextMenuHandler: function(node, e) {
        var layer = node.layer,
        tree = node.getOwnerTree();

        e.stopEvent();

        tree.selectPath(node.getPath());
        this.layerContextMenu.layer = layer;
        this.layerContextMenu.showAt(e.getXY());
    }

Is that the kind of thing you're looking for?

Cheers
Adam