Hi Seth, hi all,

I stumbled upon the licence change a few weeks ago. I planned to buy a
single license for the Sencha Architect. But then I discovered that I
just have the possibility to buy 5 licenses, so I did not buy. Really
annoying.
For GeoExt as a library I do not see a direct problem since we fully
rely on the GPL version of ExtJS and if you license your application
under GPL anything changes. But I know that some customers cannot accept
a GPL software or release their apps as Open Source so the developers
need the commercially licensed ExtJS. So I understand the anger of
freelacers or small companies with one or two developers who cannot
afford 5 licenses at once by needing just one license. What makes me
really angry is the fact that Sencha still did not give an official
statement which raises the fear that more changes can come in the near
future.
On December 2nd there is the German SenchaDay in Karsruhe. AFAICT some
GeoExt developers will be there, maybe they can get some information on
this.

Cheers,
Chris

--