Hi all,

From my point of view the main issue is with the ExtJS licensing rather than GeoExt. Now an ExtJS license is > $5,000 as they have to be bought in packs of 5 then our systems are all now released as GPL. As I understand it, as long as the client (e.g. a government department) is given the full source code, which is what most require as part of a contract anyway, then this means the terms of the GPL are met. I presume that "user" is the organisation rather than a government employee that may occasional access the system in a browser?
Has anyone had any professional legal advice about ExtJS/GeoExt/GPL?

When an ExtJS license was $300 it was easier to simply buy the commercial license and not worry about the above.

I guess there is no way a company like Boundless could buy license packs of 5 and sell them on to individual developers?

Regards,

Seth