On 15.06.2018 15:06, Jakob Miksch wrote:
> Thanks for the link. I am actually getting started with Ext JS and
> GeoExt at the same time. (maybe this is a bad idea ... ).
> Understanding the BasiGX components is still a bit unclear to me. And
> the web apps I mentioned earlier are very complex and hence also hard
> to understand.
>
> The examples on http://geoext.org/ are nice and easy to understand,
> but I find it challenging to convert the single file into the proper
> folder structure of Ext.

you are right, that there are not so many example apps available, which
use the MVC / MVVM pattern. Most of the examples are simple single-file
demo-apps (like on the GeoExt website). Maybe a simple MVC / MVVM app
would be cool and we had that for previous GeoExt versions:

https://github.com/geoext/geoext2/tree/master/examples/app/simple

https://github.com/geoext/geoext2/tree/master/examples/app-mvvm

> At the moment I am trying to build a pretty standard web mapping
> application with a main map, an overview map and a layer switcher. The
> overview map works, but I struggle to build the layer switcher,
> because I do not figure out how to access the layers from map. This is
> what I did so far: https://github.com/JakobMiksch/HelloGeoExt

Maybe we can use your "HelloWorld" app as example reference for MVC /
MVVM app setup.

> Not sure if this is a general Ext question:
> But what is the "best practice" way to exchange the map and its layers
> between the different components?

You can pass in the map or better a MapComponent, like
https://github.com/JakobMiksch/HelloGeoExt/blob/master/app/view/main/Map.js,
as config property of your own component. ExtJS will handle it like a
member variable in your instance.
If that is not possible for your whatever reason you can query arbitrary
component instances with Ext.ComponentQuery.query
(https://geoext.github.io/geoext3/master/docs-w-ext/#!/api/Ext.ComponentQuery).
So a

Ext.ComponentQuery.query('mappanel')

might be a helpful command. Even I like it more to pass over
dependencies as config.

Cheers
Chris