Hi mrzenwiz,

Thank you for responding, but I am lost after installing x64 for 64 bit.  I
do not understand:

tar xzf <the file you downloaded>, cd into the newly created LibO_*
directory, then cd into the DEBS directory, run 'sudo dpkg -i *.deb",
then cd into the desktop-integration directory and run the same dpkg
command again.

Is there a more simple way of explaining it?

Thank you.

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 9:33 PM, MR ZenWiz <mrzen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 6:15 PM, wlb <wlba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been trying to install the Libre Office onto my computer.  I am
> using
> > Ubuntu Linux, 10.10.  I have tried several times to down load it, even
> one
> > that took hours.  I finally stopped it.  I tried to follow the
> instructions,
> > but I am not technologically literate and I tried to follow as best I
> could.
> >
> > Libre Office was not automatically installed when I upgraded.  Open
> Office
> > was the only office program that installed.  I am hoping that you can
> help
> > me.  I would really like to try your program.  Everyone on the Linux
> forum
> > speaks so very highly of it.
> >

> LibreOffice is still in beta test, so you won't get it as an automatic
> anything yet.
>
> You have to download the .deb gzipped-tar file, uncompress it and then
> run the installation directly.  Just be sure you have the right
> version: Linux x86 or x64 (deb) and pick your language.  x86 is for
> 32-bit systems, x64 for 64-bit (of course).
>
> tar xzf <the file you downloaded>, cd into the newly created LibO_*
> directory, then cd into the DEBS directory, run 'sudo dpkg -i *.deb",
> then cd into the desktop-integration directory and run the same dpkg
> command again.
>
> That's it.

** ‎*"Everything will change when your desire to move on exceeds your desire
to hold on." Alan H. Cohen*