Good morning, Tom,

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 5:01 AM, Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi :)
>
> Please can we stop posting criticisms of Ken's opinions?  We don't all
> agree
> with each other, at least hopefully not!  Hearing a different point of view
> is
> important and if people feel intimidated into being unable to express an
> unpopular opinion then we are going to miss developing better answers to
> suit
> more users.  We have already heard that there are a few people that have
> good
> reason to find computer usage difficult.

Thanks for the support, it's appreciated.

I actually consider the discussions that are now two threads to be
"brainstorming", and I don't really consider it to be criticism.  Just
another point of view.  And ultimately, if this discussion has a positive
outcome, the end product will be better for it.

And only Bob Holtzman's reply "tweaked my sensibilities", as the saying
goes.  But I didn't want to fall into the "Tom and Dick" story line I
posted, so I sat back for a couple hours before writing my reply.

I always try to create a post without causing any undue hard feelings.  But
as we are all human beings, and we are unfortunately dealing with the
written word, we can never be 100% successful in that.  And a good reason
for the use of text smilies to impart the emotions we are trying to convey.

:-) Except possibly for me.....  I'm actually Commander Data's evil twin
Lor!   (That's for the Star Trek, Next Generation fans.  LOL)

> Ken's concern might
> simply be a case of helping the documentation team develop systems and
> documentation but there might be other things we could do to help.

Exactly.  I've had to write instructions, company plans, etc. over the
years.  And it is so-o-o-o-o-o-o time consuming and hard to choose sentence
structure, vocabulary, etc. to try to make your documents understandable to
as many people as possible.  So I do feel for the individuals who are
involved in just the documentation process.

Ken Springer

"All progress depends upon the unreasonable person."
George Bernard Shaw

Cheap prices make for cheap goods; cheap goods make for
cheap men; and cheap men make for a cheap country!"
President William McKinley

http://www.greeleynet.com/~wordwork/airpage.htm