Hello Derry,

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:33:50 +0000
Derry Birse <derry.bi...@converteam.com> wrote:

> We are looking at OpenOffice as a potential corporate tool, however we have
> run into some issues relating to our company templates. We have several
> document templates that will not convert and give the error "This is not a
> WinWord97 file". These files open in Word 97 without a problem.
>

> The templates in question do have VB macros and we do not expect these to
> work, however documentation would suggest that these files should at least
> open and/or convert to odf format, even if they lose the macros.
>
> I have attached a sample, can anyone help with this issue.

I'm sorry, but your attachment didn't reach the list. (Attachments aren't
allowed). Can you upload the file somewhere and post the link here? So anyone
who's willing to help can go to the place and download it directly.

Also, it would be useful to know which operating system and which version of
LibreOffice you're running. And what did you do when you tried to open the
file? Just a double click in the file manager on the document name? Or did you
go through the "menu process" in LibreOffice (file > open)?

Please be as specific as you can, so that it is possible for us to help you
solve your problem.

Thanks.

Sigrid