Bruce (Summit)

Maybe you could come out of the woodwork one last time and attack my specific
Impress
problem...

(a) It loses links between "interaction -play sound" and the MP 3 file....
annoying if you hv
over 400 files linked and they all vanish without warning. No skin off your
nose but a *****
waste of my time.

(b) Impress can't convert to .xls without all icon to sound file links being
removed/destroyed.
Hopeless as a business tool (at least under XP system). May shock you but many
people
world wide use MS powerpoint and some of us have to communicate.

With all your apparent background surely you could encourage someone to stick a
filter into
the forum that diverts un-subscribe to somewhere else...

Service delivery is why people get attracted to products...... or is that
simply old fashioned?

If I understand you, you are basically saying that if something is "freeware"
such as LibO then
don't bitch if it screws up.......... fine if it were a file converter or
something but when you enter
the commerical world (office products) then be prepared for "trades
description" issues..

There are many websites promoting Impress as an alternative to powerpoint....
if so then
ensure that statement is correct and that Impress can give powerpoint a good
hiding which I
for one would support and even pay for if it was better.... I said if!

I am at risk of abusing this forum as this type of discussion should be
somewhere else.....
maybe re-direct and we can get to the bottom of this... unless you've gone back
into the
woodwork...

BTW I do pay MS their licence fee's... I'd also pay for Impress if it were
capable of giving me
a GUI free presenter and didn't lose interactive links.

To add to your misery I am an XP user as I find Win7 GUI completely anal.

sincerely

timi