On 05/05/2011 12:48 AM, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> On 05/05/2011 08:31, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>
>> Are you suggesting that LO/OOo will not display images in a text box,
>> but that is a valid MSO docx feature?
>
> Just tried it with a document I created in Word 2007. Looks like this
> is  bug in LO. It shows the text box but not the image in it.
> Interestingly if I save the same document as a doc instead of docx then
> it displays correctly...

I did the same; I have WinXP running in VMware & I opened in Word2003
w/docx converter. The file displays properly (after docx conversion). I
then saved it as a standard .doc (file size goes from 689KB to 4,415KB)
& that document opens in both OOo 3.3.0 and LO (3.4). The background is
blank & you need to Format|Page|Background to see the actual png
background. Now if I save that file (the .doc) to .odt, the file size
goes from 4,415KB to 424KB & can be opened in OOo, LO with the now
shaded background (and text of course) in place.

Extracting all of the .docx shows a 'thumbnail.jpeg' of the page itself,
plus two other images: image1.png (the background w/gradients) and
image2.jpeg (looks like a grey slide background).