On May 8, 2011, at 7:21 PM, Simon Cropper (The fosGIS Workflow Guides) wrote:
> he community can then vote on the pronunciation that it prefers

Speaking for "American" English...

There isn't much ambiguity about how "libre" should be pronounced in American
English.  We simply can't make the proper sound and the logical substitution is
"bruh" or "breh" or similar.

I say "similar" because we American's will pretty much say it as we please.
It's not something we stress about.  Fortunately we all pronounce "office" more
or less the same.  :)

Cheers,
             tod

Tod Hopkins