On 9/06/11 9:26 AM, e-letter wrote:
Readers,

Is there a reason why the help is not part of the installation
package? Anyway, tried to install help, but received the following
error:

urpmi libobasis3.3-en-GB-help-3.3.2-202.i586.rpm
A requested package cannot be installed:
libobasis3.3-en-GB-help-3.3.2-202.i586 (due to unsatisfied libobasis3.3-en-GB)

Can someone help to suggest where the dependent file can be obtained?
Is this the start of the infamous rpm dependency hell???

yours,

lo332rc2
mandriva2008

Hi. I get this every time also on Suse, 3.3.0, 3.3.1, 3.3.2. I think there is a duplicate file somewhere (2 packages try to install the same file). I just delete the file then the RPM installs ok, (but I can't remember the file until I run through the install). If you try the verbose switch does it give you more info.

I have a suspicion I saw a comment in the list a while back stating that help should be installed before the lang pack, or visa versa.
steve