On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 12:07 -0400, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:

> Thank you Marc for saying that [below].
>
> The last time I had to rebuild a Windows computer, I had to spend 12+
> hours installing all 200+ updates that was needed to get the OS up-to-date.
>
> Yes, not any software works 100% the first time you use it.  It takes
> work to fix anything you did not think of.  Each person and system will
> find things that were not working properly on their systems BUT was
> working properly on the testing system.  It is much easier to write a
> package that would be used on one system by a limited user base.  That
> one system was what Mac did for all those years.  Windows users and
> Linux users have used so many different hardware combinations, well
> things do not work well on every one.  The same for users.  We each have
> different needs and use the software differently.  We may find an error
> that would never be found by a tester since that person did not try the
> way you, me, or others, decide to use the software.
>
> LO works well for me.  It works well for others.  Yes there are problems
> being worked on.  Yes sometimes there are issues that can be
> frustrating.  It was the same for me with office software before MS
> Office 95 came into being.  It was the same with MSO 97, 200, 2003.  It
> was the same with OpenOffice.org.  It is the same with LO.  I find that
> LO works better for me than any other office package that I have access
> to.  The package is free.  The people who are developing the code and
> fixing the bugs do not get paid for their work.  They freely donate
> their time and skill doing things others would demand big money for.
>
> Nothing is perfect.  But LO is free and it works well.
>
> 3.3.x works well and is stable.
> 3.4.0 is for those who want to try the "cutting edge" version of the
> software.
>
> I say thanks to everyone who have worked on making LO the best package
> it can be.
>
> If someone has any problems with this, well remember this email list is
> for solutions to problems and not ranting and raving on how bad you feel
> it is.

    +1 Good point about testers not always trying my specific
combination of hardware and usage needs
    On the Windows side I have 3.4.0 and have not run into any show
stoppers. On the Linux side 3.3.2 and again no show stoppers.

--
Jay Lozier
jsloz...@gmail.com