Dear Jan

I had a similar problem where I needed an as-new  clean re-install

I spent many hours on this including editing the registry (never a good idea).

I wish that I had posted this first, as Roxy's idea of using Revo-Uninstall does the same (if not better) in a matter of minutes. There were other cleaners suggested, but this is the one I chose to try.

However, just out of interest, the configuration files are held in >>docs &settings/your user-name?/application data/LibraOffice << which is not deleted with the standard windows un-install (bad dog!).

If you say (do as I do in Options), change the rulers in Write to inches and the background colour to blue(chart12), you will find that 4 files are changed in this directory. I have absolutely no idea what does what and will probably never need to know.

All the best

John B