Tom Cloyd <tc <at> tomcloyd.com> writes:

> I just tried out the form wizard, and got exactly what I want...so is
> this the only way to get a subform grid onto a main form? I sure hope
> not. Meanwhile, my original form has 5 list boxes on it that I
> painstakingly set up. Since I cannot get a subform grid onto that form,
> I seem to have to abandon it.
>
> I'm hoping there's a better way out there!
>
> Meanwhile, here's the procedure (again - this should be plain and
> obvious, in the documentation, and if it is I haven't seen it):
>
> 1. Create main table.
> 2. Create child (subordinate) table, with field to contain pointer to
> key of main table record to which it's to be linked.
> 3.Use the main menu Tool > Relationship function to specify the table
> relations.
> 4. User the form wizard to set up a table with a subform displayed in a
> grid.
>
> So simple. Now...I need to also be able to do this manually, for Pete's
> sake!
>
> t.

Hi Tom,
First a big thanks for your attempt to documenting the list box function!
About forms/subforms, I found out a threat some time ago, that saved my own
(base) life: it was a documented example, very detailed and complete, at least
for my own sake...
Unfortunately:
a/ I could not retrieve the link to it, but I had it copied within a doc, that I
could make available to you -
b/in French language (do you read some French?).
I hope that pictures could be self-explanatory. If not, I may translate some
portion for you.
Anyway, this link heads to the base example -->
http://user.services.openoffice.org/fr/ci-joint/fichier/2007/09/09-030554.odb
As you may see here, what you are looking for is very much achievable, without
writing a single line of code.
Hope this may help.
Like yourself, I am a fan of this application.
BR   Francois