Il 14/07/2011 16:03, David B Teague sr ha scritto:
On 7/14/2011 9:17 AM, Marcello Romani wrote:
Yes, MSO has faster startup times also IME, at least on windows. On
Ubuntu 10.04 I must say that the provided OOo takes a little time when
first started after a reboot, but from then on, given sufficient
memory (I have 2.5GB) it starts almost instantly.
I have 64 bit W7, an AMD II X4 3.2 GHz quad core processor and 4 GB RAM,
3GB/sec SATA drives. LO starts and loads a small Writer document in 10
seconds immediately after a reboot, and as you said, instantaneously
thereafter.

How much faster does MSO start?

--David

For the record, my "feelings" about OOo startup times refer to an HP business desktop machine with Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit, 2.5GB RAM, PIV 3.2GHz (w/speedstep).

--
Marcello Romani