Readers,

It has recently been realised that m$powerpoint does not allow track
changes (or document version control in general) for presentations.

In the LO features web page, xml flat (which I guess means that the
odp file is not saved as an archive) is claimed to allow for xslt
processing, but does this also mean that conceivably I could create LO
presentations in flat xml and then control the document history using
subversion?

A separate question, could spreadsheets also be saved in xml flat,
ideally with verbose formulas? This would be also useful in
conjunction with subversion (as an example version control of course;
there are others).