Raymond,

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 20:27 +0200, L O wrote:

> I am surprised that Base is not a database program. I thought it was meant
> to be something like MS Access? Why is it included then in Libre Office?
>
> I am also trying to create a database in Base (as I did before in Access),
> however I also run into problems I never had when using Access...
>
> Raymond

I recommend MySQL/MariaDB for a back-end. You connect to the back-end
not the default back-end (HSQL). MySQL/MariaDB are mature databases.
There are others which are also mature and will make an excellent
back-end, I have not tried some of them yet.

The advantage of this method is that you can use the Base front-end to
set up, manage the database with users having access to the same
database.

--
Jay Lozier
jsloz...@gmail.com