Hello,

I am writing this off line, as I expect it will be overly long.

I have a record, going back to 2008, of my daily blood testing.  Over time,
I have changed the format of the lines.  Today I am making the columns
narrower, and putting the columns into a different order.  I used to
indicate the finger that I was using, and then the day, and then the date.
Blood pressure and time of day were next; and finally glucose reading and
pulse.  Today I want day, date, glucose, time, b/p, and pulse.  Since the
former record was pretty uniform, it was easy enough to write a macro,
ReArrange.

Today I found
        Chapter 13
        Getting Started with Macros
        Using the Macro Recorder … and beyond

On page 5, there are these 2 lines:

8)      Select the Module1, or the new module that you created, and click Edit
open the  Integrated Debugging Environment (IDE).
9) The IDE is a text editor for macros that allows you to edit and create
macros. Copy the macro into the IDE.

Since I had already written 7 macros, by clicking on Tools, Macros, Record,
I don't understand these 9 lines.  And I found Tools, Macros, Organize,
Basic, Run by going out a little farther.

NOW for the important questions.  Page 12, Running the Macro Quickly.

I have modified Main thus:      Sub Main
                                                                ReArrange
                                                        End Sub

On the edit screen I find Run Basic.  But of what value is that?  To get
there I still need to press Alt-T, M, O, B.  So what is the difference
between Enter (to Run) and clicking on Run Basic?  I need a button (Run
Basic) or a function key (F5) on my main document window.  (I know F5
currently opens a Navigator window, whatever that is.)

Also, near the end of ReArrange, I want to CALL TabSet, and align the
columns properly.  Putting TabSet into ReArrange does nothing.  I have also
tried copying the TabSet macro into ReArrange.  This also does nothing.

I know I'm doing something wrong, but what?  And I know that I ask very few
questions.  I expect you to read between the words, never mind the lines,
and answer the questions that I imply.  :)

The e-mail that I got had my earlier question properly formatted.

Thanks, and bless you.