Le 21/09/11 06:00, Tom Davies a écrit :

Hi Tom,

> Hi :)
> Thanks :)  So Building neatly avoids the packagiong issues of .rpm versus
> .deb?  We just need 1 for 32bit Gnu&Linux and 1 for 64bit, not 1 for each of
> the main families (Arch? Slackware, Debian, RedHat, errr)?  So, Heinrich's
> build might be good to upload to your page?

Yes, the build produces an OXT file, that is all one needs. You have to
hunt around for it a bit, what with the convoluted build and deliver
process that the build goes through, but it can be found when all is
said and done. One thing I do not know yet is whether or not the
absolute path to the library has to be give at configure time (using
autogen.sh). Certainly this was the case for Mac, but I am
assuming/hoping that this is not required for Linux (however, I could be
wrong).

Be aware that building the connector requires extra switches to be
activated at configure time when you use ./autogen/sh. These switches
are the following :

--enable-ext-mysql-connector
--with-libmysql-path="/Users/alex/DevHack/mysql-connector-c-6.0.2osx10.5-x86-32bit"

Like I said, the second switch may well be optional on Linux, but I had
to specify it when building the connector on Mac.

I am currently trying to just build a working LibreOffice installation
set on a *buntu box I happen to have laying around, so I will rebuild
with the corresponding connector switch option once/if that completes.
If I then manage to get something out of it, I'll put it up on the
Extensions site next to the Mac connector.

Alex