On 09/23/2011 06:55 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :) Lol.  Cor appears to be accusing me of being wrong but with no
> proof to support the accusation.  The only link he did give appears
> to bolster my assertions.  It appears to show a lot of work going
> into Calc and the other apps but none into Base.  Of course it is
> pure geek and difficult to understand but the few i clicked seemed to
> mention something about Calc and one mentioned wizards.  None
> mentioned Base.
>
> The other accusation Cor appears to make is that i have not provided
> the type of proof he wants, which is a bit hypocritical imo as there
> is no proof that my assertions were inaccurate or misleading at all.

He provided you with a link to query the work being done in LO on Base:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/
Enter 'dbaccess in the search window & you'll see the dev work on Base.
That results in:
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/?qt=grep&q=dbaccess>

Another is:
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/connectivity>

I'm not sure what others may be involved, but it is clear that there is
development work on Base in LO.

> I do know 1 person that has been trying to work on Base and a few
> people tell me there is another one but the work is not easy.

And that person is? It seems to me that there are several people working
on Base.

Disclaimer: I've just learned about
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/ as well and am still
working my way through it. However your continued FUD regarding Base &
advising new users on this list to stick to Access et al seems to be
just that: FUD. Before you continue posting the like, how about actually
trying to find out the facts?

> None of this is relevant to the original question and i think the
> time would be better spent helping people rather than wasting
> everyone else's time with this sort of nonsense so publicly.  It is
> possible to send emails to individuals off-list if you think they are
> wrong in some way. Regards from Tom :)

Actually time would be better spent assisting the user with Base rather
than making such statments as: "I would stay with Access for now.  There
is almost no-one working on Base so it's gradually getting worse as
regressions slip in." and "It's just that almost everyone avoids Base.
While Writer and Cal and the rest attract a LOT of devs they just avoid
Base.". If you can't back up those statements with fact, then they are
better left unsaid.

Gary Lee