I recently purchased a Pogoplug to which I have attached an ext3 formatted
drive.  Having moved some LibreOffice documents to the attached drive I am
unable to open them.  Double clicking on the icons in Nautilus or opening
through LibreOffice results in the following error:

General input/output error while accessing filename

filename is the full path to the file.  I get the same error when trying to
save a new file to the device.

I got the error with LibreOffice 3.3.4 and today updated to 3.4.3, through
the Launchpad repository, and receive the same error.

The Pogoplug is mounted using the 32-bit version of the companies software -
pogoplugfs.  I believe this is using FUSE to mount the drive.  All other
programs I've tried open and save from/to the Pogoplug without errors.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance