Platform:  Win7 SP1 64-bit
LibreOffice 3.4.3 release (though I have had this problem with OpenOffice and LibreOffice since I started using Win7)

If I do File > Open and open a document from there (which isn't in the default documents folder), then close LibreOffice, re-start it and do File > Open again, it opens the location that I went to for the previous document. The same applies for the save dialog. My workaround at present is to enable 'use libreoffice dialogs' in Tools > Options, but that is quite a feature-light UI in comparison.

It doesn't matter whether I use Writer, Calc or Impress. Also, if I start by using Writer but close LO and move on to say Impress, then Impress remembers the path I last loaded/saved in with Writer.

I've also seen this behaviour on more than one fresh install Win7 64-bit / OpenOffice / LibreOffice, and while I haven't tested it for this behaviour on every OS install I've done that includes Open/LibreOffice, on every one I've tested it, it had the problem.

Is there an option somewhere to control this behaviour?