Hi :)
I think just post a normal bug-report but in the subject-line add
"[wish-list]" or "[feature request]" just to make it clear.

I find LO works very much better if the document and the pictures are all
stored on the same volume/partition on my local machine.  I have tried
ramping the memory settings up but it still doesn't work as smoothly as when
all the stuff is together.  Also there is a noticeable difference for me
when i use one of the nicer machines at work rather than the ancient
antiques.  On one of the antiques i kept getting a "broken links" or
"picture is broken and can't be displayed" or something like that.  On the
newer machines there was no problem.  Hmmm, i haven't tried messing with the
memory settings on the antiques tbh.