On 11/15/2011 06:07 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2011, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
>
>> If you have the libreoffice-sdbc-postgresql connector installed,
>> available on Ubuntu-based distributions (not sure about others),
>
> Alex,
>
>    As I wrote in my original message, I run only Slackware. Doesn't matter
> what ubuntu has available as it does me no good. I've not found an
> equivalent for slackware.
>
>> In the archives of this mailing list, I have already written how to setup
>> a JDBC connection to a postgres db.

Perhaps these will be of help?
http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-12.2/PACKAGES.TXT

PACKAGE NAME:  hsqldb-1.8.0-i486-1ld.tgz
PACKAGE NAME:  unixodbc-2.2.14-i486-2sl.tgz

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/80/index.html
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/index.html
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Main_Page

Can't suggest any more than that as I do not have slackware. Good luck.