Thanks Andrew,
Please send me your ideas and examples.

My idea is also to use it in an extension.

I have upload my ides of an extension here
http://blog.magenta-aps.dk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Review.oxt .

The extension creates a new toolbar called Review. The right most icon
starts a macro with a dialog that is localized (so far only English and
Danish is included). All localization stuff is in the module "Localization".

Problems so faris:

   - When I read the DialogStrings_xx_YY.properties i have some problems
   with encoding. Only files created on the same platform shows right (Danish
   language consist of some non-ascii characters æ, ø and å.
   Currently this reads with wrong encoding on Windows (use Danish version
   to see the problem).
   How can that be solved?
   - Effectiveness. I'm not sure this is the most effective way and I'm
   affraid that with many strings it will run slow. I haven't tried with more
   than these very few strings.

Missing work to be done (not problems)

   - Error handling
   - Better way to load only relevant strings (only partly implemented so
   far)
   - Default language should be from DialogString_xx_YY.default and not
   hardcoded
   - Script to generate Addons.xcu and /Office/UI/XYZWindowState.xcu

Feel free to tell me what you think of my solution.

Cheers,
Leif Lodahl
The Danish Team