On 11/30/2011 05:04 PM, Jonathan Schultz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For some time I've found that libreoffice (and openoffice before it) had
> trouble rendering text with the Linux open 'nouveau' (as opposed to the
> proprietary NVIDIA) driver. What appears to happen is that everything
> above a certain point is good, but below it the text simply doesn't
> appear. I've not seen any other application that has the same problem.
>
> I've attached a typical screenshot to demonstrate the effect.

It always helps if you: 1) tell others what version of LO you are having
issues with (and also if it is from LO or some other source; linux
distribution repository or PPA, etc), 2) what OS type and  version
(there are about thousands of versions of linux). My /guess/ is that you
are running some form of Ubuntu, if correct please tell us which version
you are running.