Hi Help_Please

Welcome to the LibreOffice Users mailing list ;)

Help_Please wrote

> Suggestion One:    Include "Check for updates"  to perform online checking
> for updates to LibreOffice. At present, it appears that the only way to
> find out if there are any updates is by receiving an email; or maybe by a
> third-party application ... such as SUMo.

Too late :) It's already done. It will be included in the upcoming version
3.5.0 (or you can try it in 3.5.0 Beta3
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/ if you don't mind
experimental builds)
BTW SUMo is good but it is a Windows only solution. LibreOffice is multi or
cross-platform ;)

Help_Please wrote

> Suggestion Two:   I would like to see a "navigation" tool (short-cut) or
> whatever you call it/them, that when used will send the user to the end of
> any type document or form and to the end of the last line, data, etc.  At
> present, I have not found any such "tool" to do this.  I have to manually
> scroll down to the end of the document in order to add more data to a
> document.  This can be very time consuming particularly if there is a
> large amount of data.  This navigation tool needs to be available for all
> types of documents, forms, data sheets, whatever.

Ctrl+End does this. And Ctrl+Home does the reverse (jump to the beginning.
This works in most (all?) OSes and applications.

Now that Wikipedia is back from the courageous SOPA/PIPA blackout see Text
Editing in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_keyboard_shortcuts

Enjoy LibreOffice ;)