On 2012-02-01 06:33, Tanstaafl wrote:
On 2012-01-31 6:19 PM, TomW <tomw...@fairpoint.net> wrote:
On 2012-01-31 06:42, Tanstaafl wrote:
On 2012-01-30 3:36 PM, Cor Nouws <oo...@nouenoff.nl> wrote:
I tried in 3.4.5 and it works there fine too. Ctrl-V creates a nice
Impress-table with the content that I copy from Calc.

But... we don't want to convert the copied cells into an Impress Table
when pasting them, we want them to be an embedded 'spreadsheet', that
when double-clicked, allows you to edit it as if it was a spreadsheet.
This is how it used to work a long time ago - and how Microsoft Office
works by default.

I don't know which version/update changed this...

I'll have to find an example spreadsheet/Presentation that causes this
problem and file a bug and upload them to it...

Thanks for checking Cor...

Tanstaafl:

OOo 2.4.2 pastes as a calc8 file by default.
OOo 3.2.1 pastes as table of cells by default.

Hi Tom,

Thanks very much for looking at this, but a question to confirm...

It looks like you didn't check every version in between, just figured out that it changed somewhere between 2.4.2 and 3.2.1, correct?

Now, I guess the questions are, 1) what was the precise version where this behavior changed, 2) was the change intentional, and 3) if so, *why*.

Imho, the default behavior should mimic MSO (the most popular office package with the largest installed base, whether one likes it or not).

Cor? anyone? Should I just go file a bug?

Tanstaafl:

The earliest I have found that changed to pasting as a table is OOo3.0.1. I may have the release notes archived somewhere.

TomW