Hi :)
Sounds like her machine was just being a bit slow.  If that is Windows then
perhaps defrag, "Disk Clean-up", perhaps uninstall the 2nd and 3rd antivirus
program.  Watch out for auto-scans and defrags.  Empty the wastebin and the
wastebin of the emailing program she uses.  Windows performance seems to
suddenly drop off if the 'drive' is over 80% full.  If the defragger shows 21%
free space then that is about as good as it gets unless you can get it right
down to almost nothing on the hard-drive (unlikely) when there seems to be
another slight boost in performance.  Set the virtual memory to a fixed size
about 2xRam or a little less, anything over Ram but below 2xRam is about
perfect.  The virtual memory is probably heavily fragmented as it's been
randomly changing size and throwing bits of itself all over the drive.  Setting
it to a fixed size stops it getting worse.  The standard Windows defragger
can't do system-files, such as the virtual
 memory ("pagefile.sys" on Xp and earlier), which are usually the ones that
make the biggest difference.  Hmmm, ideally a reinstall of Windows and then set
the virtual memory might be best but it takes a LOT of time to install all the
other programs and tweak and update everything.  Maybe LO took her just over
the 80%?

On pretty much any OS check what processes start-up when the machine is booted
up and when scheduled tasks are due to run.  I tend to switch all that off (or
at least the bits i know how to do myself, such as defrags, updates and
antivirus-scans) and then try to remember to do maintenance tasks at a time to
suit myself.

--- On Thu, 16/2/12, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions