On Fri, 2012-04-06 at 16:00 -0700, avamk wrote:
> I am actually quite new to Base, and didn't realise I could use the File
> Picker control. When I try to change its reaction to the Mouse Pressed
> event, it asked me for a macro.
>
> Do I need to write a macro to get the relative path of my desired image??? I
> actually have no macro coding skills to do that...

Right you are, the control is not 'data aware', not bound to a data
column, so you will need to use a macro to transfer the file path
returned from browsing to the data column. In the default installation
of LibreOffice is a basic macro library, Tools, which contains a number
of file path manipulation macros, these should make conversion to a
relative path (note here - relative to current directory of the ODB
file, yes?)

Anyway, I don't have an example snippet of basic on the disk at the
moment, pretty sure there are some examples at different forums already
- but I would really like to see this as an answer at
ask.libreoffice.org - so if you don't mind I'll put an example there.
It's kind of late tonight, but maybe before I turn in. You won't need to
have a logon account there to retrieve it.

The actual move to a data column is all of 2-3 lines, I don't think the
conversion to relative path should be too much more.. :-) I don't
think..

What I'll do then is post back here, with a link to the entry there..or
if feel like check out the site and open the question and send that here
- then I'll post to that entry - either way is good.

Best wishes,

//drew