The problem with doing "Save As" is that you end up with lots of duplicate
documents in different formats - which is what happens in MS Office.
I agree with Jiri that LO shouldn't necessarily be a clone of MS Office,
but this is a function that MS Office doesn't have at ALL, so a multiple
converter would put LO even farther ahead...