From: merter <ser...@hebux.com>
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Libreoffice headless option
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Friday, 1 June, 2012, 9:22

Hi,

Yes, I installed them manually using the DEB packages.

I tried to install those dependencies but it is now silently failing and
giving no output whatsoever. I tried to debug it with my poor gdb skills,
but gdb log is saying;

Program exited with code 0115.
No stack.

By the way, I have installed openoffice, and it's soffice is working
correctly, but I'd like to use libreoffice if possible.

If I can debug and see why it is failing, I can do so, but I don't know how
to do.

Thanks,

David Bolen wrote

> merter &lt;serdar@&gt; writes:
>
>> All these commands are looking for an X server. How can I avoid it?
>
> I don't believe it's actually looking for a server, rather it just
> needs a library related to X11.  When run in headless mode, no
> communication with an X server will take place, but since the LO
> binary you have (and probably most if not all standard/dist *nix LO
> builds) have been linked with the X libraries, the loader still needs
> to be able to resolve the libraries.
>
> It is possible, if rebuilding LO from source, to compile without any
> X11 support at all, but there may still be some other library
> dependencies (on, say, fonts) that you'd still need to satisfy.  And
> building from source can be pretty non-trivial the first time.
>
> Simpler is to just install the X11 support libraries.  There's no need
> to actually run an X server, just have the libraries available.  I'm
> assuming you've installed LO manually (since I would expect a
> distribution package to have dependencies built in), so you could run
> ldd on the installed soffice.bin to double check what libraries you
> are missing and then install the appropriate packages from your
> distribution.
>
> -- David

David Bolen wrote

> merter &lt;serdar@&gt; writes:
>
>> All these commands are looking for an X server. How can I avoid it?
>
> I don't believe it's actually looking for a server, rather it just
> needs a library related to X11.  When run in headless mode, no
> communication with an X server will take place, but since the LO
> binary you have (and probably most if not all standard/dist *nix LO
> builds) have been linked with the X libraries, the loader still needs
> to be able to resolve the libraries.
>
> It is possible, if rebuilding LO from source, to compile without any
> X11 support at all, but there may still be some other library
> dependencies (on, say, fonts) that you'd still need to satisfy.  And
> building from source can be pretty non-trivial the first time.
>
> Simpler is to just install the X11 support libraries.  There's no need
> to actually run an X server, just have the libraries available.  I'm
> assuming you've installed LO manually (since I would expect a
> distribution package to have dependencies built in), so you could run
> ldd on the installed soffice.bin to double check what libraries you
> are missing and then install the appropriate packages from your
> distribution.
>
> -- David

> deleted

David Bolen wrote