From: merter <ser...@hebux.com>
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Libreoffice headless option
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Friday, 1 June, 2012, 22:16

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, they've been really helpful. Yes it is failing with
the latest version of Libreoffice and works with the latest version of AOO.

I am also not able to install an X server, but I could drill down what's
causing the issue. It seems the issue is the package dependency of Debian
packages.

I have selectively installed the Debian packages I want, like calc, writer
etc, and their dependencies. I haven't used any command like force and if
the package required an another package, I installed it too. However, when
using strace I've seen a couple of missing files, which come with other
packages.

My current list of installed packages;

libobasis3.5-base
libobasis3.5-calc
libobasis3.5-core01
libobasis3.5-core02
libobasis3.5-core03
libobasis3.5-core04
libobasis3.5-core05
libobasis3.5-core06
libobasis3.5-core07
libobasis3.5-images
libobasis3.5-impress
libobasis3.5-ooofonts
libobasis3.5-pyuno
libobasis3.5-writer
libreoffice3.5
libreoffice3.5-calc
libreoffice3.5-impress
libreoffice3.5-ure
libreoffice3.5-writer

The missing package was libobasis3.5-en-us_3.5.3-2_amd64.deb. I re-checked all
these installed packages and none of them has a dependency to that file.   It
now seems an obvious file to install but since I trusted the dependency system,
I missed it.

Now it is working correctly. Should I file a bug report to the bugzilla?

Thanks for your help,

David Bolen wrote