Hi,

I need help with understanding how the naming of the template categories is
done, especially for custom categories. I have basically 2 questions, listed
at the end.

I found http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/b/b1/Non-coding_extensions-
final.odp from the LO Conference in Paris last year, from which I learnt that
these are the built-in (as in: translated) categories:

officorr → “Business Correspondence”
offimisc → “Other Business Documents”
personal → “Personal Correspondence and Documents”
forms → “Forms and Contracts”
finance → “Finances”
educate → “Education”
layout → “Presentation Backgrounds”
presnt → “Presentations”
misc → “Miscellaneous”

And to give custom categories nice names, one should put into the language or
"common" directory a file .nametranslation.table which has "folder=Name"
entries for all the custom category folders.

Tried that but without success: I added a custom folder in
/usr/share/templates/libreoffice/de named "nametest", added a few templates
there and put a file .nametranslation.table in
/usr/share/templates/libreoffice/de, with this content
--- 8< ---
[TRANSLATIONNAMES]
nametest=Naming Test
--- 8< ---

But as you can see in the attached screenshot, the folder only appears as
"nametest", not "Naming Test".

Q1: What am I doing wrong here? (LibreOffice 3.5.3.2 on openSUSE Tumbleweed)

openSUSE by default also installed a package with labels, libreoffice-
templates-labels-a4, which are placed in common/labels, so for the non-built-
in category "labels". Still the templates dialog has a full translated name
for it, "Etiketten".

Q2: How does the custom category folder "labels" get its translation
"Etiketten"?

Cheers
Friedrich