Hi Regina,

Am Sonntag, 22. Juli 2012, 15:54:37 schrieb Regina Henschel:
> Hi Friedrich,
>
> Friedrich W. H. Kossebau schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am Dienstag, 10. Juli 2012, 09:04:54 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> >> I need help with understanding how the naming of the template categories
> >> is
> >> done, especially for custom categories. I have basically 2 questions,
> >> listed at the end.
> >>
> >> I found
> >> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/b/b1/Non-coding_extensions-
> >> final.odp from the LO Conference in Paris last year, from which I learnt
> >> that these are the built-in (as in: translated) categories:
> >>
> >> officorr → “Business Correspondence”
> >> offimisc → “Other Business Documents”
> >> personal → “Personal Correspondence and Documents”
> >> forms → “Forms and Contracts”
> >> finance → “Finances”
> >> educate → “Education”
> >> layout → “Presentation Backgrounds”
> >> presnt → “Presentations”
> >> misc → “Miscellaneous”
>
> Yes, those are defined in
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sfx2/source/doc/doctempl.src
> They are translated via the normal translation process via po-file.

Ah, good, thanks for the pointer. So "labels" is now actually also a built-in
category, that is why it is translated.

> >> And to give custom categories nice names, one should put into the
> >> language
> >> or "common" directory a file .nametranslation.table which has
> >> "folder=Name"
> >> entries for all the custom category folders.
>
> There has also been a file groupuinames.xml in the template folder.

So seems .nametranslation.table is no longer used and now it's that
groupuinames.xml, good hint, did not come across that before.

> >> Tried that but without success: I added a custom folder in
> >> /usr/share/templates/libreoffice/de named "nametest", added a few
> >> templates
> >> there and put a file .nametranslation.table in
> >> /usr/share/templates/libreoffice/de, with this content
> >> --- 8< ---
> >> [TRANSLATIONNAMES]
> >> nametest=Naming Test
> >> --- 8< ---
> >>
> >> But as you can see in the attached screenshot, the folder only appears as
> >> "nametest", not "Naming Test".
> >>
> >> Q1: What am I doing wrong here? (LibreOffice 3.5.3.2 on openSUSE
> >> Tumbleweed)
> >>

> >> openSUSE by default also installed a package with labels, libreoffice-
> >> templates-labels-a4, which are placed in common/labels, so for the
> >> non-built- in category "labels". Still the templates dialog has a full
> >> translated name for it, "Etiketten".
> >>
> >> Q2: How does the custom category folder "labels" get its translation
> >> "Etiketten"?
>
> Have you already searched for "Etiketten"? That should find only few
> file candidates.

See, I was expecting "labels" to be a custom category, so looked at the wrong
places :)

> > No one here any clue? Do I better ask on the developer list?
>
> Yes. I guess you will deploy such a template package.
>
> If only you want a nice name, do not use the way to generate a new
> category via File > Templates > Organize. But simply create a sub-folder
> in the templates folder. It will be recognized when restart. The folder
> name is directly used as template category, at least on WinXP. Keep in
> mind, that sub-sub-folder is not possible.

Sure. Going via the filesystem directory name I was already successful in
before, it was just that I was curious how translation works (for filesystems
not okay with non-latin1 characters), in case I need it.

Thanks for your answers, have been helpful to me :)

Cheers
Friedrich