AG wrote:
Hi list

As the subject line says really - there is no option to activate the
quick starter for LO3.5.5 using Debian squeeze.  I downloaded and
installed the LO3.5.5 today (after removing the previous version, which
also did not have a quick start option), and find again that 3.5.5 lacks
this.

Is this now standard with LO to not have a quick starter option or is
this something peculiar to Debian packages or something else?

Can anyone advise how I can get this option back, because it really is
helpful.

TIA

AG

The quick starter seems to be missing from the Debian versions on the LO website. I noticed that it is not in LO 3.4.6 nor 3.5.4. Specifically, what do you want to do? Open a component (Writer, Calc, Draw, or Base)? Open the splash screen? Depending upon what you want to do, a script could be written, made executable, and put on the desktop. Clicking the script's icon would do it for you.

--Dan