Hi :)
You are right.  It didn't work when i got back to an Ubuntu machine.  I made a
right mess of uninstalling and then trying to reinstall to an unsupported
(ancient) version of Ubuntu.  I should just update Ubuntu on that one or
perhaps try something else like Mageia or something.

The Windows version is quite different from the Gnu&Linux/Mac/Bsd one but
things do often end-up working the same.  Not the repair option tho.

--- On Thu, 12/7/12, AG <computing.acco...@googlemail.com> wrote:

<snip />

On 12/07/12 18:10, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> During install/repair i got the option to add Quickstarter when i chose to go
> the "Custom" route, which i did due to asking a similar question about the
> quickstarter in WIndows.
> Regards from
> Tom :)

Thanks Tom, but I'm not sure that a Windows solution would apply to
GNU/Linux Debian, but thanks anyway.

AG