On Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 01:32 PM, Andrew Brager wrote:
> On 7/18/2012 1:05 PM, Jay Lozier wrote:

> > It sounds like the file ownership got messed up.
> >
> > Depending on how comfortable you are with using the terminal I would
> > use the following to change the ownership
> >
> > chown <username> <path-to-file/file.ext>
> >
> > For example the file is in your db sub folder of your  Documents
> > folder the path is /home/username/Documents/db. The username is your
> > log on name for Ubuntu.
> >
> May or may not be ownership.  The above can't hurt, however if it's
> purely a permission problem then you probably want to do
> chmod 644 <path-to-file/file.ext>
> depending on your preferences.

C'mon guys, I *said* I'd checked permissions.  That should have given
you a clue.  But just to make it clear, I was a programmer for over 45
years.  Much of that was at the system level on Unix.

And if you'd read my query a little more carefully, you'd see that I'd
referenced two different databases with the same permissions, one of
which worked and one of which didn't.

So far, I've gotten 3 responses, none of which were useful.  Don't any
of the LO gurus frequent this list?  If not, I might as well
unsubscribe.
--
  Larry Blanchard
  lbla...@fastmail.fm