On 7/28/2012 11:40 AM, Lynne Stevens wrote:
I really feel sorry for windows users ROFLMAO

Don't start that. I used Linux from the earliest days. (0.94 Kernel and SLS Linux). I now use W7 and there is nearly nothing I could do in Linux that I cannot do in Windows easier. I do use Firefox and Thunderbird, and OpenOffice, not MS' tools. I don't do servers.

The big problem with Linux is drivers. Drivers are less of a problem with Windows unless you are trying to make new hardware work with old Windows versions, or conversely.

What I can't do in Windows is certain kinds of maintenance without resorting to outside tools.

Note that I was a RABID Linux user.

Nevertheless I am certain you have your excellent reasons for liking Linux. There is a huge amount in Linux to like. It's more work than I want to do. So please, don't poke fun at Windows users. Help them.

David Teague
Emeritus Professor Mathematics and Computer Science Western Carolina University

--
nil significat nisi oscillat
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice