2012/9/29 Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk>

> Hi :)
> Just had a classic from my boss.  He says he prefers Internet Explorer and
> Adobe because he's never had any trouble with them.  He can't download
>  Pdfs though and has the same problem at home.  Firefox on his machine here
> downloads them fine.  When Foxit is set as the default Pdf reader then IE
> does download.
>

> Going to microsoft.com showed 26 important security updates that didn't
> get installed through his auto-updates.  None were about adding
> functionality. Then java and different things needed to be updated
> separately.  The only updates (well upgrades really) that added
> functionality were for Firefox and LibreOffice.
>

> His Internet Explorer is still grumbling about some C++ problem in
> iexplorer.exe whenever he tries to download pdfs.  He still says there is
> no problem with IE.
>
> Regards from
> Tom :)
>
> <snip>

That was indeed a classic, Tom - of the «just works» tribe ! It may seem
strange that people will believe propositions that are directly countered
by their own experience, but that's been the case for thousands of years -
and what public relations and advertising, not to mention religious
organisations, base their considerable success upon....

Henri