Hi :)
I think by default spell checkers start from where-ever the cursor happens to
be but once it gets to the end of the document a pop-up appears asking if you
want to start at the beginning of the document.  It's quite handy if you have
kept on running spell checks during the course of writing a document as it
avoids having to check what you have already checked earlier (unless you work
like me).