Although I am not writing books the feature described by CVAlkan is a very interesting one. Especially if the settings could be made on a document base, rather than general.

On 2012-11-12 02:14, CVAlkan wrote:
Just for the record: I'm using Writer 3.6.1.2 on Ubuntu 12.04, but I don't
think either makes a difference.

When using "2-up," the Print Preview screen defaults to showing the first
page on the left. There is a button called "Book Preview" (just left of the
(+) magnifier button) that permits the display to show the odd-numbered
pages on the left, as in a printed book or other material. This is, of
course, quite useful for reviewing layouts more realistically.

Since that is what I'm creating, I would like to set the "Book Preview" as
the default for the "Print Preview" display (yes, I acknowledge my laziness,
but isn't the fact that I use a word processor instead of a typewriter
sufficient proof of that?); it would be even cooler if that display choice
could be set on a per-document basis as well, but I don't want to be too
greedy.

I've searched around, but haven't run across anything that would allow me to
do that. Does anyone know if such a setting exists and, if so, how to set
it?

Otherwise, I guess I'll just toss it in at the bottom of the massive list of
requested enhancements.

Thanks.