I find it really frustrating that all of you are opening the document fine. Of course you all seem to be using Linux or LO version 3.6. On Nov 25, I downloaded the latest version, and it was 3.5.7. Silly me to think that this is the latest version.

So, I installed 3.6.3.2 (build 58f22d5), and it opened for me, too. I had all the column issues you had, but like you said, it's easy to fix.

Apparently, the problem I had has been fixed.

Thanks,
Chris