On Tue, 4 Dec 2012, anne-ology wrote:

      rsync  ???

      I think i are sinking fast ...

sink  vb sinks, sinking, sank ; sunk, sunken

you are probably just joshing around but 'sync' has nothing to do with 'sink'; one is germanic, the other is greek.

'syn'+'chronos' as in 'synchronize'.

sometimes the spelling of words, like the syntax of directory paths, matters.

(and 'syntax' has nothing to do with 'sin' or 'taxes'!)

'rsync' is a great utility; I assume it's available for Windows but I don't know but there's certainly equivalent stuff.

F.

--
Felmon Davis

Advice is a dangerous gift; be cautious about giving and receiving it.