This message [below] is not as I sent it -
            I do not know how the bracketed information appeared in the
middle of my message -
                 I don't even know what [if you use Paste Special... to
paste unformatted text] means  ;-)

       But: footnotes are numbered - therefore, clicking on 'find' and
'search'ing the number will locate the footnote ...
            continuing in this fashion, from 1 until each has been found
and re-formatted, is not that time-consuming - more frustrating having to
re-do what was already done before whatever 'kink' interfered  ;-)