2013/1/8 gordom <gord...@wp.pl>:
> W dniu 2013-01-08 21:17, Nino Novak pisze:

>>> That's a pity.
>>

>> but only if it's really true ;-)

>>> Unfortunately my sample wasn't very accurate and can't be regarded as
>>> fully representative. The pattern is more complex actually.
>>

>> Then you should try to show a better example as Regex are pattern
>> matching and without knowing the pattern we cannot guess how to match it
>> ;-)
>>
>> Nino
>>

> In "real" life :-) there are lines starting with letters also. Only these
> with "Set:" at the beginning should be left, rest is going to be deleted.
>
> Set:   01SA34509
> 0109SA
> 011017B
> S01020207B
>
> 010902B
> 01090002
> 011007B
> 01090001
> 090110
> Set:   0134501
> 011101
> HB01110102
>
> 01110103
> 080908
> Set:   0111679SE
> 0111SE
>
> I'm surprised that there is no simple way to find everything except
> "Set:.+$"
>
> gordom

In this very case, if the Set lines are the only ones with a colon,
then this is suddenly a very easy two step task:
First replace ^[^:]*$ with nothing, then replace ^$ with nothing.
Done. But I guess that is not always the case, I'm not sure if that
was mentioned earlier in this thread. If so, sorry for bothering
again.
Maybe someone already suggested this, and I totally missed it as usual.

Johnny Rosenberg