2013/1/9 gordom <gord...@wp.pl>:
> W dniu 2013-01-09 07:17, Brian Barker pisze:
>
>> At 19:58 08/01/2013 +0100, Gordom Noname wrote:
>>>
>>> I would appreciate your help with the regular expressions. I have a
>>> document consisting of hundreds of lines. A small sample is here:
>>>
>>> Set:   01SA34509
>>> 0109SA
>>> 011017B
>>> 01020207B
>>> 010902B
>>> 01090002
>>> 011007B
>>> 01090001
>>> 090110
>>> Set:   0134501
>>> 011101
>>> 01110102
>>> 01110103
>>> 080908
>>> Set:   0111679SE
>>> 0111SE
>>>
>>> I need to delete all text except these lines started with word "Set".
>>> If I use "set:.+" regular expression, all these lines, that should be
>>> kept, are selected. I cant find a way to reverse this selection. I
>>> tried "[^set:.+].+" and "[^(set:.+)].+" but they don't work. Could you
>>> please give me any clues?
>>

>> I think this is fairly simple.  I'm assuming that your "lines" are
>> actually separate paragraphs, in fact: that they are separated by
>> paragraph breaks, not line breaks, that is.
>>
>> o Using Find & Replace with "Regular expressions" ticked, search for
>> ^Set and click Find All. This will select just those words, where they
>> occur at the start of a line, not the whole lines.
>> o Click the down-arrow at the right of the Apply Style window in the
>> Formatting toolbar, and select some (paragraph) style different from the
>> style of your text (perhaps Heading?).  Since this is a paragraph style,
>> it will apply to the whole of each relevant line (paragraph), not just
>> the selected occurrences of the word "Set".
>> o Back in the Find & Replace dialogue, click "Search for Styles", choose
>> your original style (perhaps Default?) in the "Search for" box, and
>> click Find All.
>> o Press Delete to remove all the unwanted lines.
>> o Tick "Regular expressions" again, and search for ^$ - replacing with
>> nothing.  Click Replace All.  This removes the empty paragraphs left by
>> the previous process.
>> o Go to Edit | Select All (or press Ctrl+A) and use the Apply Style
>> window again to reset your paragraph style appropriately (to Default?).
>>
>> I trust this helps.
>>
>> Brian Barker
>>

> It seems to work indeed. Thank you very much :-). Regards,
>
> gordom

This worked for me with your example lines a minute ago:

Ctrl+h (or whatever method you prefer for opening the Search and
Replace dialogue).
☒ Regular expressions
Search for: ^[^S][^e][^t].*$
Replace with: (leave empty)
Click Replace All

Search for: ^$
Leave everything else as is
Click Replace All.

Done.

The funny thing is that the last part didn't work for me maybe ten
minutes ago, but I must have done something slightly different that
time…

So, in short terms:
1. Replace all ^[^S][^e][^t].*$ with nothing (regular expressions on).
2. Replace all ^$ with nothing (regular expressions still on).
Done.

Step 1 would also erase lines starting with ”set” and ”SET”, so if you
want to keep all possible combinations for the word ”set”, you should
rather try: ^[^Ss][^Ee][^Tt].*$
I didn't try that myself, but it should work. There is always Undo if
it doesn't…

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ