Le 11/02/13 15:18, Uwe Brauer a écrit :

Hi Uwe,

> Now I want to edit the relation and I am offered the possibility to add
> more fields. So I select the notes file in either table but I receive
> the following error.
>
>  Primary or unique constraint required on main table.
>  "Accounts" in statement [ALTER TABLE "Tasks"
>   ADD FOREIGN KEY ("TaskId","Notes") REFERENCE "Accounts"("AccountI","Notes")]
>
> I am puzzled, in the intrinsic database only relations between primary
> keys are possible?? Is this a property of the intrinsic database, or is it a
> bug? I am thinking of submitting a bug report.

The following possibilities occur to me :

(a) you might need to drop your previously configured constraint  before
you can set up a new one via the GUI. From what I recall, this might
only be possible manually, i.e. by issuing a SQL command (menu Tools >
SQL) to DROP the CONSTRAINT from the tables, then shutting down the db
file, closing LO completely and re-opening.

(b) you might not be able to set combined constraints on more than one
field in both tables simultaneously via the GUI - again you may find
that you have to do this manually (although it may actually turn out to
be a limitation of hsqldb 1.8, I haven't checked)

Alex