Heinrich ,

fine, in the past there where some issues about "remote" connections, but how do you manage the "security" of your connection

greetz

Fernand
On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 23:44:09 +0100, Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com> wrote:

       I can connect to the MySQL server (5.5) on the same computer
using localhost. But how do I connect to a MySQL server on another
computer on the same network? I can not find it in the MySQL manual, or
I don't know where to look in it.
      I use MySQL Workbench for administrative purposes.

--Dan

Hi Dan,
When you define your MySQL-database under LO-Base, specify the hostname (or the IP-address) of the server as well as the port (usually 3306) instead of "localhost".
I am actually using a MySQL-server over the internet. It works o.k....
Regards H