On 2013-03-04 05:49, M Henri Day wrote:
2013/3/3 Kevin O'Brien <zwil...@zwilnik.com>

I have another question regarding lists. If I create a Numbered list, I
have items numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. On the Bullets and Numbering toolbar
there are buttons for moving list items, which would let do something like
move item #2 to the top of the list. But when I do so it is still #2. Is
there a way to do this that would change the numbers so that the former #2
becomes #1, and the former #1 becomes #2?

Thanks,

--
Kevin B. O'Brien

​Running Writer on LO 4.0.03 on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04,
​ I have no difficulty using the arrows on the numbered-list toolbar​ to
move, e g, the third item in a numbered list to the first or second
postion, at which time it receives the appropriate numeral....

Henri

I also have no problem on Version 3.6:build-304. I can also move a section of numbered items by cut and paste and the items are renumbered.
Steve